Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Hitch in Resolution #14

New Year Resolution #14 was to call or write to each of my family members at least once a week. I talked to my sister on the 1st, and one of my brothers on both the 1st and 2nd. The phone number that my Dad sent me didn't connect.

Tonight my sister began to rant at me because I expressed doubt that crackers who swamped a friend's chat-room were deliberately imitating her by repeatedly using OMG and WTF. Many times I have just let her rant; tonight I told her "Call me back later," and hung up. She did call me back when she had calmed down -- to tell me that she isn't speaking to me again. And I found out last night that I can't call her cell phone; like Dad's, I can't connect.

Actually, I can still write to both Dad and Sis, postal mail. They are moving around, but Dad told me that letters would be forwarded. Even if the letters never get delivered -- I can still write to them.

0 comments: